Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet: The Alternative Best Dressed
I decided that since it was a dull red carpet at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, and that I didn't even like all the best dressed dresses, that I would make a list of alternative reasons to like a dress. For example, Kristen Bell is 400 pounds-months pregnant and looks utterly sublime in this Jenny Packham dress. I am sure Duchess K-Middy is going to be irked that Jenny wasted the dress on Kristen, but thems the breaks. She looks amazing. Wins for Best Dress in Maternity. Done.
And Marion Cottilard wins for Best Dressed in Another Colour. As about the only person to wear orange, this Dior Couture dress gets a nod. Although I don't like the length at all.
Lucy Liu wins an award for Best Dressed in Print. This is a Carolina Herrera dress and I actually love it although I can HEAR the snipers saying it looks like a sofa cover as we speak. I loved it in the look book and I love it on Lucy. And it has pockets. And Lucy has a cool side plait. So there.
Then there is Lena Dunham in a THE DRESS FITS HER shocker. Zac Posen worked his little fingers to the bone to get out a dress that actually fits Lena. It's the first time I have ever seen her wear something that fits her. I am agog. Although I truly hate the dress. But it fits. Yippee!
The "I can't help myself because I love her and she always looks nice" award goes to Olivia Munn in Giorgio Armani. First because it is printed and in an alternative colour. Second because it fits and has no fishtail. And finally because, despite that it is straplessszzzzz, she is wearing it well. Lovely. Nicely played lady. Better than all those silly billies in the flesh tones.
Speaking of flesh tones, if you do have to do it, then take tips from Kerry Washington. Give it points of interest, waist and neck. Choose a cool new length — ballerina. Wear an unexpected designer - Miu Miu. And then just be Kerry Washington. Love her.
And finally the Best Dressed Almost Award goes to Naomi Watts. Who also wore Zac Posen and looked a thousand shades of stunning in it. Except for the train. Which I hated. And she SO would have been on the best dressed post if it weren't for that. And that, dear readers brings us to the end of our Golden Globes day. I hope you enjoyed it. See you soon for the next awards ceremony red carpet.
Idle Talk: