Ewa Sonnet Love

GIRLS: Lena Dunham for Season 3 Premier and Promotions
Last night saw the premier party of the third season of GIRLS held at Lincoln Centre in New York. For the occasion the muti-talented writer-star-director, Lena Dunham, wore spangle. So very much spangle. The princess length silver sequin dress is from Rochas SS14 collection. And you know, I like the length. I like the fit. And I don't really mind the spangle — although I may not recommend the equally spangle-tastic shoes. I really, really wish that the neckline was lower. As someone who also has a short neck, I feel that she should have worked out by now that this high neckline is not her friend. Also, just once, I would like a sleeve. A pretty chiffon fluted sleeve would have pushed this into good territory. Oh well. Welcome back GIRLS. I am happy to see you.
Earlier Lena had been doing her promo duties on US morning television. For that occasion she wore a cream trouser suit by Veronica Beard. I love a suit. I think it can work fantastically well. But it must fit. This does not fit. It therefore does not flatter. This suit is a bust. Bad suit. Nice shoes though.
Idle Talk: