Ewa Sonnet Love

Scarlett Johansson in Victoria Beckham on Cover of UK Elle, February 2013
I always like it when stars wear garments from my mate Victoria Beckham's collections. Even when they have been styled in them by fashion editors. Like Scarlett Johansson, the cover star for for the UK Elle magazine issue for February 2013.
And that is despite the fact that there is very little I find redeemable about this girl. Mostly I don't actually think about her. Sometimes she wears something really nice or really dreadful and she seeps into my consciousness. Mostly she doesn't. But wearing VB got my attention.
And even though these photos are beautifully shot by Rankin, no less, and the girl is wearing Calvin Klein and Jonathan Suanders and Burberry, I just find the whole thing self-conscious beyond belief. I simply doesn't work. Like most of her performances to be fair.
Anyway. It is pretty. It involves some good designers. I thought I would share it. But really it has been a blah kind of day today. All downhill from Dame Helen this morning. Sigh.
Idle Talk: