Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 BAFTA Red Carpet Best Dressed in Black and White
We all know that black and white is the HUGEST colour statement for Spring 2013, right? And so it is no surprise that this is what was all over the 2013 BAFTA Awards red carpet on Sunday night. Celebrities like to wear next season fashion right now, of course. Looking the most beautiful of all the beauties in my opinion was Sarah Jessica Parker. She wore an evening jumpsuit, designed by the brilliant Elie Saab, so I may be biased. But seriously. How brilliant? Personally I would have styled it a bit differently. Obviously I am having a diamond necklace aversion right now, so that would have come off. I would have replaced the blig with a metal belt, as it was in the original form. And I would have hemmed the trouser leg a bit. But aside from that WINNER!
Also in Elie Saab and looking wonderful, was Amy Adams, who was a nominated actress at the awards. This is the more well-known side of the Elie Saab design brand, and no self respecting red carpet can afford to be without a dazzling dress from his collection. But I still love the jumpsuit more!
I thought Anne Hathaway looked fabulous. Simple, elegant and appropriate in Burberry. Apparently her speech went on and on (again) and the faux gushing spawned another whole raft of Hathahaters. But you can't fault this dress. And the hair is looking lovely too.
Playing the supportive wife to double award winner Ben Affleck, this time round, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Roland Mouret monochrome. I love the back detail, it makes the dress in my view.
And then there was the smiling Olsen who wore Chanel Couture and carried it off! Amazing! Elizabeth Olsen was nominated as one of the rising stars. She didn't win on the stage, but I think that she may have won something out there on the red carpet. Quirky and yet timeless. Brilliant. LOVE.
Idle Talk: