Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 Directors Guild of America Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed
On Saturday night there was yet another relatively big awards night in America. It was focussed this time just on the Directors — so obviously the red carpet was a little less pretentious :) which is not to say that the 2013 Directors Guild of America red carpet didn't have some sterling looks to show us. In fact, the top prize went to Ben Affleck for Argo, and his delightful wife Jennifer Garner was there to support him, dressed in a gorgeous white Antonio Berardi dress and metallic accessories.
I loved the floral embellishments and that she wore her hair up, after lots of spaniel-adjacent styles of late. I think that the creasing a slightly off-putting, but if one looks past that, Jen looks a million bucks. I believe that the shoes and bag are Salvatore Ferragamo.
Also looking lovely on the red carpet was Anne Hathaway. Yes, smuggy herself gets props from me. Because she looks splendid in Valentino couture from a year or so ago. It works. It doesn't try too hard It's not all about Anne. And for once I am pleased. Although I could have done with a better hair do, I'm sure you'll agree.
And then there was Lena Dunham. Who walked away with one of the big prizes in this custom Thakoon dress of wonderous colour blocking. It was all going so well. Except that for a custom dress, I simply cannot fathom why it DOESN'T FIT. It makes me screechy with annoyance. She could have looked wonderful. For a masterclass in fit, I suggest Lena Dunham looks to the earlier post on Beyonce. Or possibly Chandra Wilson. These dresses FIT. These women are not models and yet their clothing FITS them. Grrrr. Cranky StyleGuide. Whhyyy?
Idle Talk: