Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 Oscar Nominees Luncheon Best Dressed
First, can I just say, I don't really know who calls lunch 'luncheon' these days, unless they are being unforgivably pretentious. It's like people who pronounce the word fillet as it if it French with an 'a' sound at the end instead of the hard 't'. Sigh. I am all for poncing it up where you can get some amusement, but this little shindig that was held yesterday to celebrate all the 2013 Oscar Nominees was a lunch function. And a natty little knee-length dress is ideal for such an occasion. As demonstrated by the beautiful Naomi Watts in the perfect Valentino dress. With pockets.
Also looking good was Jessica Chastain who wore Erdem. I love those lace sleeves and the belted waist and the pink and purple flowers against the navy. This must be the most perfect dress for an Oscar nominee ever.
Then there was Anne Hathaway — again looking nice in a simple little black dress by The Row. I think that a bit of lightness was needed as this look veered into cocktail territory, but it was very nice.
And may I just say that I don't know if I have ever seen Jennifer Lawrence with a better hair and make-up job. The nude colour palette goes so beautifully with her current hair and skin colour. The dress is white Chloe. I like it but I don't really love it. And that's fine. But I really hate the hands on hips stance. Someone please show the girl how to pose!! Thank you.
PS The Oscars take place on Sunday 24th February for those who have been asking. Can't wait.
Idle Talk: