Ewa Sonnet Love

Jessica Pare at Mad Men Premier in Prabal Gurung
It was the premier of the sixth season of Mad Men this week. And all the cast attended looking nice enough. Although I did hate January Jones' Jonathan Saunders dress, and couldn't understand why Elizabeth Moss would wear a McQueen dress that couldn't do up at the back. Weird. When you can have any dress in the world, practically. But I did really love Jessica Pare's floral silk dress by Prabal Gurung. Lovely.
In three separate articles I have read on blogs, the people posting this look have loved the dress but completely hated the styling of it. Particularly the severe mid-part hair do and the dark nails and accessories. I am going to go out on a limb here and disagree.
If I were to wear such a floral fantastic dress, I too would want to down-grade the twee and maybe make it a little more rock. I think that American fashion bloggers are sometimes a bit literal and like everything 'just so'. While I like things that are a bit off. A bit messed up. I think that the styling works here. Which is why we love the dress on her. I just don't think you should wear a dress that doesn't fit you. Ahem, Elizabeth. *drops mic. sashays out*
Idle Talk: