Ewa Sonnet Love

Spree.co.za Winter Lookbook Event
Last week online retailer spree.co.za launched their winter lookbook and men's wear collections at an event in Cape Town. This is my favourite look from the incredible show put on my Deon Redman, animations by Colin O'Mara Davis and conceptualised and styled by my darling Chris Viljoen. Our conversation went thusly, CV: "did you like it?" SG: "loved it obvs. Especially that Carolina Herrera look." CV: "thanks for noticing."
The thing that Chris does SO WELL is taking some quite cool items, mixing them up with some quite ordinary basics, stirring in some international styling trends and cooking up a vibe that is unparalleled in South Africa. To be fair, he achieves EXACTLY what the site says, which is bringing the fashion off magazine pages to life and making them available to buy for us ordinary people. Amazing.
I stole these pictures off Skattie What Are You Wearing blog. If you don't read that blog, my fair peeps, you are missing out on the most irreverent take on fashion in the land. Just saying. But he managed to get a pic of me in my Loin Cloth and Ashes skirt having a down-time chat after the show. So I thought I would share it with you.
Aside from that, I recommend you check out the winter looks from spree.co.za. Boys may have to stick with the modern basics for now, until their men's wear buyers bring things up to the more daring and exciting standards of the ladies wear. But ladies, this is winter at your fingertips. Everything you need is here. Start shopping now!
Idle Talk: