Ewa Sonnet Love

2012 SA Music Awards Yellow Carpet Best Dressed
Goodness me, it has been hard to find photos! It was the 2012 SA Music Awards on Monday night, and the entire show was brilliantly organised and presented. Except for two things: Best Alternative Album (won by my friends from The Dirty Skirts) wasn't broadcast live and there are NO DECENT PHOTOS from the arrivals. At the SAMAs, the carpet is yellow. And I asked everyone to do their bit to look nice for the occasion. Many of them listened. And so this year, for the first time, I can honestly present you with a best dressed list. Yippee kiyay. Seriously. So happy.
Hands down best dressed for me was Pabi Moloi. She was dressed in Anel Botha Couture and looked a million bucks. I loved it. Brilliant. Took my breath away, I tell ya. She was closely followed by four other ladies. First, the current Miss SA, Melinda Bam. She was dressed in Peter Bondesio — a dress won by a previous Miss Botswana at the Miss Universe pageant. And while this was brilliant and appropriate re-use of a gown, it was also very Melinda as she has made yellow such a signature colour for herself. I love it.
Then there was presenter Anele Mdoda, dressed in Loin Cloth & Ashes by Anisa Mpungwe. Beautiful black gown with an asymmetric neckline, and fitted to perfection. And songstress Lira in Sylvester stripes with a contract powder blue ribbon belt. Sensational. Modern and current and lovely and brilliantly suited to her personality. And not a smidge of crushed taffeta in sight. And finally there was a lady I wasn't familiar with, called Azania Mosaka, dressed in a beautiful gown with a silver sequin top half and baby blue skirt. Anyone know who this was by? I loved it. So pretty.
The chaps were a mixed bag. Mostly they didn't stun this year, except for the mighty Jimmy Dludlu, dressed in C2 and looking magnificent. Oh and that new guy who won all the awards, AKA? HOT! If only he had lost those stupid sunglasses on the carpet, he would have easily been best dressed. Brilliant performance too. I'm a convert. There's a guy with swagger. But if I see him I will be confiscating those damn sunnies. You heard me.
Idle Talk: