Ewa Sonnet Love

Candice Swanepoel In A Balmain Belt for Vogue Japan, June 2012.

Look, I know this is starting to become tedious. This almost constant stream of images of onse South African supermodel, Candice Swanepoel, as shot in various compromising positions or degrees of nakedness by Terry Richardson. This time it is for Vogue Nippon in the June 2012 issue.
But this one is a bit different. First of all it is genuinely cheeky. Not grubby. That gets points with me. Second it is almost all fully clothed. In 80s style items from Prada, Emilio Pucci and Christopher Kane. Which is properly fun.
Third there is a clever device — a Balmain belt used throughout for consistency and to make some time of statement that I am not sure I get, but I like it.
And finally, I like this story because Candice's hair is crazy-ass 80s curls that don't show her in her prettiest light. And this is good because she loses nothing of her sexiness and shows that she can poke fun at herself a bit. Both of these are qualities that I for one admire most wholeheartedly.
There have been a million or so pictures released of Candice this week in her various cozzies on the beach, shooting for Victoria Secret. I haven't bothered to post any of these as they are what they are. But this shoot, despite my annoyance, has won me over.
Nicely done Candice of the Midlands.
Styling is by George Cortina, hair by Duffy and make up by Frank B.
Idle Talk: