Ewa Sonnet Love

Emma Stone Covers Vogue, Provides Comic Relief

I showed you the Emma Stone Vogue July 2012 cover last week. Now we see the inside story. I may be in love. Split equally into alternating parts, Emma is depicted at the gentle comic and as the stunning young ingenue. Both sides of her just as appealing as the other.
As someone who finds herself in humour, she is at once the outsider and the girl we want to be friends with. I mean, imagine the laughs. Throaty, from the pit of your belly, laughs.
As the ingenue she is vulnerable and fragile. She is beautiful in that slightly off-beat-sexy-young-Ellen-Barkin kind of way. She is just as believable as the princess as she is as the seductive assassin. It gives her range. It has made her the most bankable young actress in Hollywood right now.
She is valued for having escaped the pitfalls of other young actresses — being neither too earnest nor too  doe-eyed. And this piece in Vogue seems to be a bit of a roll call of compliments from her co-stars and colleagues on her films. And her boyfriend, of course, Andrew Garfield. Aka Spiderman.
I like her self awareness too. "I'm not saving lives," as an actress she says, "but I get to tell stories and that's a pretty important task."

She says of 'comic relief', "comedy was my sport. It taught me how to roll with the punches." And boy do we all need to learn that lesson in life, right?
Idle Talk: