Ewa Sonnet Love

Rihanna's Naked Style on Streets of New York
So quite legitimately, Rihanna appeared naked on the streets of New York City this week. In a poster advertising her new fragrance Rebelle. Get it? Rebel. Riiight. And this here is where we seem to have a problem, Rihanna and I. For some time I have been a bit weary of Rihanna's desperate attention seeking 'style'. I am an old lady. I am allowed to grow tired of these shenanigans. I am bored of the attempts at an inauthentic punk-sex style which for her is just about revealing as much of her body as possible. We have all been here before. We have seen young troubled starlets come and go down this path. As someone who loves punk and rebel style, who worships at the feet of Dame Viv and her SEX shop with Malcolm McLaren back in the day, I am irritated at this misrepresentation. And I am tired of the sideshow. And yesterday it sunk to a whole new level of silliness.
Stepping out in a lace bra top and a sheer mullet pleated skirt (quite pretty, the skirt), Rihanna went to go and see her billboard and do her thing around NYC. You know, without a shirt on. As you do.
Because being able to see your nipples is exactly how we all want to see you, Rihanna. So rebellious. Amazing. Yes you are the new Madonna. Who is still trying to provoke attention in her 50s by flashing her nips. Awesome. Love it. Not.
And just when you want to say that maybe it was all just a big mistake and she didn't mean to look like this, she of course tweets a 'sexy' picture of herself in the get-up. Sigh. I'm so over it. Soz guys.
Idle Talk: