Ewa Sonnet Love

Dark Knight Rises Premier: What Were They Wearing?
I love a big premier, as you all well know. It means fancy frocks and glittering jewels. Or even shoes. Like last night when the new Batman franchise had its premier in New York City. The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale as Batman, and the two leading ladies are played by Marion Cotillard (she of the glittering shoes) and Anne Hathaway. I have to say Marion takes it for me in the dressing department. I utterly adore the shoes, of course, by Christian Louboutin. And the Christian Dior dress is a froth of total joy.
I love that she has kept it French. I love that it is all white, in contrast to all the pre publicity for the movie which was all black. And I absolutely adore the softness of her hair and make up so that the whole look comes over as pretty and feminine rather than stark.
Which is maybe the tiny mistake that Anne Hathaway made. The absolute whiteness of her Prabal Gurung dress (did they plan it? I am guessing so) is a little harsh against her alabaster skin. Although I do have to say that I like the train and the diamante detail on the chest. I think that the total lack of accessories is a stroke of style genius — LOVE that. And I think that there is no better time to pull this look off than with her currently skinny frame and pixie crop.
So nicely played, but not as good as Marion. But that's just me. What about you? In the Anne v Marion white-off who takes it?
Idle Talk: