Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 VMA Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed
Blimey. That was a dog show. The 2013 VMA Awards red carpet was an absolute travesty of tacky. What has happened that young women feel that in order to be acknowledged they have to show as much of their naked bodies as possible? Why are they all so incredibly desperate to get the biggest headlines that they have to be the most naked, the most shocking, the most weird, the most raunchy? They are all so busy trying to out-shock each other, that it has become wallpaper. I stop looking at them and seek out the ones that actually do impress me.
For example young Holland Roden from Teen Wolf is consistently getting onto my best dressed lists. I absolutely adore this Naeem Khan trouser and beaded top with over-skirt. I think she looks the perfect balance of elegant and edgy for the VMAs. Coco Rocha also impressed me by keeping things simple in black and then popping on an eye-wateringly amazing black leather jacket by Fausto Puglisi. And Allison Williams from Girls was a real treat in a delicate cream Valentino mini dress.
And whilst I didn't completely love Taylor Swift in Herve Leger or Selena Gomez in Atelier Versace, I definitely didn't hate them eitehr and I absolutely LOVE the choice of navy for the evening. These two besties obviously planned their looks together and I really do like that. Everyone else was just awful. Awful. Sies.
Idle Talk: