Ewa Sonnet Love

MBFWCT13: Habits
How I love the class and elegance of Jenny le Roux, the chief designer and head cheer leader of the Habits crew. I love that she is always jolly good fun, but knows exactly who she is, what she likes and what her customers will buy. I love her signature red spectacles! Last night's Habits showcase at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town was no different. You could tell from 100 miles away that this was a Habits show. Well done to all. This is a wonderful achievement.
Breaking it down, the show was in three clear parts. Monochrome was followed by splashes of summer colour and then by floaty florals. For me, the monochrome part was the clear winner. Both from a trend perspective and also from a details perspective. This is where I fell in love with with several pieces and I know where I will be investing in the black and white trend this season. Which is the point of a fashion week show, right? So rack up those pretty bow blouses for me, Habits gang, I am coming to get them soon.
I seldom do this, but I want to call attention to one piece in particular from this part of the show — the scalloped back blouse. Oh my bloody hell. This is a masterstroke. Team Habits, you had better make plenty of these for the people who have already told me that they love it.
I was less enamoured with the colour section, which featured nice enough dresses but was a bit overwhelmed for me by the matching hats. And the floral section was lovely. But not as fashion forward as the monochrome bit. It would be hard to compete with the early pieces, I think, especially since we have seen florals like these from Habits before. Make no mistake I like them well enough - especially the dress above — but this was a wonderful part of the show, as opposed to the KAPOW-amazing part of the show. I hope that makes sense. All told it was a great success for Jenny and team and I shall continue my unabated adoration for the brand for yet another season.
Style36 supported the Habits show and made key pieces available to buy straight off the runway. Nice thinking.
All photos courtesy of SDR Photo
Idle Talk: