Ewa Sonnet Love

2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet: When Bad Dresses Happen to Good People
These five ladies are honestly some of my absolute FAVOURITE actresses and funny ladies. I mean seriously favourite, if my cap-tastic expression wasn't enough. And yet at the 2012 Emmy Awards they kinda let us down. Let themselves down. I mean WHY did Kristen Wiig wear a white hanky to the Emmys? Sure it is a Balenciaga hanky, but it is not pretty, so why do it?
And why did Amy Poehler feel the need to go so low on her neckline? It is totally unnecessary and giving off newly-divorced-older-lady-looking-desperate vibes. And she is AMAZING. So just stop it. No, I don't care that Stella McCartney made it for you. She didn't. She made it for a flat chested younger girl. Who isn't as fabulous as you.
As for the delightfully quirky and smart Lena Dunham. This lace Prada dress is just too damn big. It could have been so good — that make-up and hair is flawless. And the colour is cool. But the gigantic frock is not ironic. It is just gigantic.
Julianna Margulies is one of the most intelligent actresses around. She is majestic in The Good Wife. And actually I don't mind the Giambattista Valli floral sofa covering as a couture dress. In fact I like it. What I do mind is how disproportionately small her head looks in comparison. Why didn't she do a soft wave with her hair to balance out the dress? It may actually have worked.
And finally there is Lady Mary of Downton. Or Michelle Dockery. Dressed in shiny blue Louis Vuitton. I don't want to be mean, but, no, Daily Mail/Grazia Live/every other British publication. No. She was NOT best dressed at the Emmys. In fact, she may just have been the worst. Look at the poochy sagginess of the fit. Look at how pretty she is from the chest up and how sad and frumpy she is from there down. No. This was so very sad. I want to help her. Don't you?
Idle Talk: