Ewa Sonnet Love

2012 MTV VMAs Red Carpet: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
THE GOOD
Who would ever have thought that the best dressed list of the 2012 MTV VMAs would include a newly shorn Miley Cyrus, a newly shorn Rihanna, and a lookilikey Pink? Honestly I couldn't ever imagine saying Rihanna was a 'best dressed' for me. Ever. But this hair cut has worked a miracle. It lends the girl a touch of class that was missing.
Even though the Adam Selman dress was low at the back (as ever) and split up the front (as ever), it was actually not slashed to the navel, lending it some semblance of dignity and elegance. And I love it. All in white.
Also in white was the immaculately dressed Taylor Swift in a J.Mendel white-tie tuxedo, diamonds and a bold red lip. I am so enjoying watching her grow into fashion womanhood.
But the real surprise of the night was a Pink-alike Miley Cyrus in her Emilio Pucci gothic gown. How beautiful does she look?
I actually always liked the hair cut. I think it is absolutely fabulous that she is rebelling with her clothes (better than a DUI, you know) and her style. But the way she has dressed it up for the occasion, literally, is sensational.
Of course you need to look at Pink to see where her inspiration came from. And despite that Miley has somewhat stolen her thunder, I think that this is almost the best that Pink has ever looked. I adore this Stella McCartney dress on her. Sentimentally, she is my best dressed of the event, even if technically the real winner is Rihanna.
THE BAD
Ok, so not so much 'bad' as 'not quite right'. I mean don't get me wrong, I super love Katy Perry in archive Elie Saab (2004), with her hair extensions and train. But it is good for her, not a total stunner. Or maybe it is just not to my taste — it is see through. But she did almost fine.
Same with Alicia Keys. I am sure she looks lovely. I just can't get past the 'Angelia leg' situation to even see what the dress looks like. Seriously. Put it away love, you are better than this.
And I actually thought that Ke$ha had got it 100% right as I scrolled down, until I hit the hemline. Which is nestled immediately adjacent to her lady-junk. No man! So close to being amazing!
THE UGLY
Leaving us with two jumpsuits. Emilio Pucci has got A LOT to answer for here, you know. Rita Ora is such a stunning girl with great urban style. So why? I don't want to see her boobs through mesh — and that could not have been comfy. Which may be why she changed out of it later for her stage appearance.
And then there was the Nicki Minaj version. I have absolutely no words for this. Not that it is in any way necessary to comment. It is Nicki Minaj after all. As you were. Carry on. Excellent.
Idle Talk: