Ewa Sonnet Love

Jenny Packham Dresses The Stars
Ben Gabbe/WireImage
With a very high profile client in Kate Middleton, British fashion designer Jenny Packham has gone from strength to strength and developed quite an A-list clientele over the past year. Just this week, aside from dressing Kate for her first engagement in Singapore, also dressed Minka Kelly for fashion week in this glorious red embellished dress. Fab.
Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for TRESemme
Then I noticed she has also dressed reality star Lauren Conrad for fashion week. In this rather more strange handkerchief hem dress with floral embellishments. And I got to wondering, 'what is the signature Jenny Packham red carpet look?' And I have to be honest, on the basis of this week's offerings there is no clear answer.
Rex USA
Especially if you factor in this rather amazing black jumpsuit that Kristen Bell wore a couple of weeks ago. Even the embellishments (definitely one common denominator) are totally minimal. I'm not sure I can get on board with a designer who is everything to everyone, even if their clothes are quite lovely. I need to know what they are for. What they stand for. What their point of view is on fashion in this world. And I'm not sure Jenny Packham does that. What do you guys think? Am I just getting too deep? Let me know.
Idle Talk: