Ewa Sonnet Love

Stars of Spring Breakers Style in Venice 2012
First of all Selena Gomez got my attention in Dolce & Gabbana. Wee Selena is somewhat below my radar due to her youthfulness and association with the Bieber. And also because her red carpet style is mostly dreadful. You know it is. But when I saw her in this iconic black & gold number I had to pause and appreciate that this actually works on her.
And then I saw her co-star Vanessa Hudgens. V has a track record of the worst boho bonanzas when it comes to her style. Seriously, seriously bad. On worst dressed lists the world over. For a couple of years now. And yet look at this!! Dressed in monochrome Blumarine, she looks even better than Selena. I'm not sure I can take much more of this shock. Delightful as it is.
Thankfully just as I was panicking, Selena did this on the red carpet. Cowboy studs and overblown frills. And we are back. Phew.
No, hang on a minute. Look at Vanessa. What?! Glorious and beautiful and pretty. The positioning of the topknot aside, of course. I can't breathe.
But it is all ok. Because Selena and Vanessa's other co-star, Ashley Benson pretty much trumps both of them, if you can believe it, when she stepped out in this brilliantly minimalist, off the shoulder day dress. Perfection. Oh and her red carpet look was pretty spot-on as well. And breathe.
Idle Talk: