Ewa Sonnet Love

Lena Dunham for ASOS Magazine, November 2012
So we gave ol' Lena Dunham a right royal ribbing yesterday for her outfit where she forgot her pants. Yes, we acknowledge her amazing talent and success with Girls. And we adore her hipster cool hair. But really we need her personal style to improve. A lot. Imagine our delight then, when we see her as cover girl for the latest ASOS magazine. Maybe here she will pick up some awesome pieces. Yay!
And how awesome she looks too. All perfectly quirky cool and intelligent urban in her dresses and brogues. Exactly as I would dress if I were at university right now. Probably exactly as I did dress when I was at university. 25 years ago. Seriously.
Which only makes me love it all more. Totes j'dore the cartoon print t-shirts especially. Such an easy way to update your wardrobe and add some cool. Just pair with a cute skirt or jeans.
I may not be quite so fond of the acid wash denim jacket, despite the rather lovely studs. But Lena looks cute and fresh in it and so I will let it pass.
Good work with this ASOS and Lena. I like the pairing — most suitable indeed. And let's all keep fingers crossed that Lena picked up some lovely goodies on the shoot. Excellent. Carry on.
Idle Talk: