Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed
Awards season rolls on and the latest big red carpet to take place was last night's 2013 SAG Awards. This one is just for the actors, so it is short and sweet and full of front. The red carpet professionals are clearly holding back for the BAFTAs and Oscars, which are still coming up, as there really wasn't much to shout about. But we do what we can with what we are given, and of the frocks on show, I really really liked Claire Danes in this black asymmetric Givenchy dress with the white patterns on the slit. She looks amazing with the plum lip colour and bold simplicity of the dress. LOVE.
Also looking good was Marion Cotillard in Dior, of course. I think it is cool. You know, kind of unexpected. I wish she had kept the full torso of the runway original — with a small cap sleeve and slash neck. It would have been even more modern and edgy. Also, as a stylist, I can't live with the way the bow was tied. And yet despite all that, I think she looked fabulous.
Naomi Watts was beautiful in Marchesa silver. Sure the dress was riding a bit on the low side and I'll bet we all wondered if there was going to be a wardrobe malfunction. But she looked almost too beautiful to care about such things. Lovely.
And then, believe it or not, there was Tina Fey. In simple black Oscar de la Renta. Looking marvelous and stylish and elegant and everything I have ever wanted for her. It took some years to get here, but I wouldn't change a thing now we are here. Best dressed. Amazing. What did you think? Any of these dresses make your list? Let me know.
Idle Talk: