Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Dresses I Was Supposed To Love But Didn't
Oh dear. I KNOW I am supposed to love these dresses from last night's 2013 SAG Awards. Julianne Moore is a stye icon. She can barely do any wrong. And she is 52, so that is a lot of years to have been getting it right and being amazing. And I love her. And Chanel, which she is wearing. But I just don't like it. The bottom half is passable — the hem is slightly wrong and the appliqued flowers are meh. But it is the top half that I take particular umbrage with. It it NOT FITTED. Seriously. Wearing couture on a red carpet allows custom fittings. There is no excuse. Also she is 52. There comes a time no matter how incredible you are, that slash-to-the-almost-navel is no longer a first option. Right? Sorry Julianne. I still love you utterly though.
And then there was Anne McSmuggerson aka Hathahate aka Anne Hathaway from Les Miserables. Oh my goodness does she make me miserable. And this dress is not nearly as insufferable as she is. It is Giambattista Valli and I actually adore the bodice. If Smuggy there could just have stood up straight, you could have seen how lovely it is. It is more the skirt that rankles. The hip-covering tulle is awesome and just should have been the whole skirt. The fact that it stops for the one sheer panel down the front, begs explanation. I don't get it. It was a hair's breath from amazing. And then I would have had to be all, "I can't bear her but the dress is incredible." Instead, it isn't. Nor is she. Stop telling her she is. Because SHE BELIEVES YOU. Grrrr.
Idle Talk: