Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 BAFTA Red Carpet Best Dressed (Over 60)
As I get older, I have come to admire and respect those men and women who stay relevant, vital, beautiful and stylish into their later years. Of course Dame Helen Mirren is the epitome of everything I admire in a person over 60. And at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday night in London, she did it again. It wasn't so much the prettiness of her silver grey gown by Nicholas Oakwell Couture, it was more the way she felt in it. You could tell she loved it. You could tell that she felt beautiful and exciting and fun. If I can feel like that just one day a year, I believe I will live a fulfilling life.
Of course part of the reason she was so sparky was probably because she had just dyed her hair pink. Inspired as she was by America's Next Top Model. You had better believe that I may do exactly such a think if I feel like it when I am a dame.
Then there was Sally Field, who has barely put a style foot wrong over the entire awards season, despite being 66 years old. Look how elegant, appropriate, glamorous and happy she looks in her Antonio Berardi dress of anthracite chic-ness. There are women half her age that couldn't look this good if they tried. Played, lady. You may not be a dame, but you should be.
The Bond star that is definitely a dame is Dame Judi Dench. She wore black velvet in a more risky look than she is accustomed to. And looked fabulous. I adore it when she looks sassy and a bit smutty. There is nothing that speaks to class more than someone who can reveal a little cleavage and makes you feel like they just stripped for you. I really hope I can be this hot when I am 78 years old. Seriously. Nearly 80. I die. STYLE.
Idle Talk: