Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 BRIT Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed
There were a LOT of BAD dresses on last night's red carpet for the 2013 BRIT Awards. But it's that kind of event, so my expectations weren't very high. But I did get excited when the first image I saw last night was this one of Jessie J in her plunging black Versace, complete with elegant gold belt, Jimmy Choo court shoes and a sleek bob. Can you believe this is the same girl who wore spandex onesies and brothel creepers for about a year??
She looks stunning. Really. Even though I do wish the neckline was about two inches less plunging. It's a proportion thing for me. But stunning.
And you can't knock Taylor Swift's style in this black Elie Saab with the double thigh-split illusion.
No, I said you can't knock it. She looks great and is mixing things up a bit fashion-wise which is great because we were all getting bored with the white v-neck dresses, the gold spangle dresses and her red cocktail dress period. And take note — also a gold belt. Trend I believe.
The also-rans were a bit of a scrape. I mean Lana del Rey looked lovely in a simple black Chanel shirt dress. Pity it was a day dress for an evening function. Paloma Faith's beaded Dolce & Gabbana was fun and perfectly suited to her, and yet came off a little matronly for some inexplicable reason. She looked good though. Corrine Bailey Rae was pretty as a picture in Miu Miu, even though the crumpled fabric gives me the heebie jeebies. And I adored Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes) pretty Luisa Beccaria dress that was sheer and demure at the same time. In fact, if I am really honest, that was my favourite dress, but I'll bet not very many of you know who she is...
So who was your favourite? Let me know.
Idle Talk: