Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 Superbowl Fashion Trend: Black Leather and Lace
Every year there specific trends that you start to recognise when lots of famous people get together at an event where they have to wear their own clothes. Since they spend so much time being dressed by stylists, they all tend to gravitate to what we can then call the season's key trend. For winter 2013 it is unquestionably the black leather and lace situation, as demonstrated by the ladies at the 2013 Superbowl. Oh and there was a whole lot of sheer going on. Black bras at the ready ladies! Jordin Sparks had sheer lace and a leather peplum worked into a dress by Bailey. Frankly I think that this dress is a smidge too small and a hair too see-through. But the girl has worked hard for her body and is only wonderfully young, so I am going to allow it. 
Kate Walsh looks cool and comfortable in her sheet lace Dolce & Gabbana top, which she paired with a leather skirt by Jenni Kayne. And I really like this because, while the leather skirt is undoubtably a mini, it is actually a great length, age appropriate as it is not skin tight, and looks rather comfortable. I like it. I want it. Gimme.
Jennifer Hudson relaxed ahead of her performance of the National Anthem dressed in a sheer black lace top, paired with jeans and a waistcoat. I love a waistcoat and it is a great way to wear a sheer lace top. I just wish it was hanging over the very functional bra as opposed to deliberately opened up. You know?
And then there was Katherine McPhee who I adore in Smash. She skipped the whole lace sheer thing and went full-tilt with the black leather, in her case a favourite pair of trousers. And I may just like this look most of all. What do you think? Are you going to do black leather and sheer lace when winter comes a calling? I probably will in some form. After all, who am I to argue with the trends?
Idle Talk: