Ewa Sonnet Love

Rachel Weisz Covers UK Harpers Bazaar, March 2013
Everyone seems to have got their knickers in a knot about the photoshopped quality of this cover of UK Harpers Bazaar, for the March 2013 issue, saying that cover star Rachel Weisz is 'unrecognisable'. Um. No. I think it looks exactly like her, only softer and less in focus. Which, if you watch the behind the scenes video at the bottom of this post, is quite obviously the effect they were going for. Which is not to say that I like the effect particularly, but it is a choice.
In fact I actually love this image from inside the spread. I would go so far as to say I love it and may have let out a little gasp when I first saw it. I think it is unfathomably pretty.
The shoot was done for Harpers by photographer David Slijper at the Beverley Hills Hotel. What do you guys think of it? Let me know.
Idle Talk: