Ewa Sonnet Love

Happy Birthday To Style Guide CT: Change Is To Come
Six years ago today I posted my first image of fashion on this blog and Style Guide CT was born. What has followed has been a discipline, a curse, a joy, a motivator, a job, a reason for being. I have got up every single weekday morning in these six years and posted fashion chatter for all of you to enjoy. It has been the longest-lasting job I have had this century. And I am so proud of it.
It has brought me so much happiness and laughter and friendship and opportunity. There have been darker days when it was the only thing that got me up in the morning. And lighter days — especially when I have met one of my readers or received an email telling me that you laugh along with me. That was the whole point. To have a good giggle as we shared chatter about celebrity fashion.
But it has also been a massive discipline. I have spent three-four hours of my life every single working day on this blog. That's what it takes. I have been up at five in the morning for the most part of the last six years to make this happen for you. And for me. And so that has got to change.
I am about to embark on a new chapter in my professional life. A lot of things have been leading up to this over the past 21 years of my career. And now it is time. As such I simply won't have the extra hours in the day to devote to my beautiful blog. So this is what's going to happen: I will blog when I can and supplement this with comments on Twitter. Follow me on @StyleGuideCT to keep up to date with my musings. I will write longer posts when I do blog, covering more subjects. And I will let you know when I have posted them. I hope this works for you. I hope it works for me. Wish me luck.
By the way, that's Sienna Miller's new Nylon cover. She is in Burberry. It's everything I love in a cover. Pretty-punk. Undon-done-ness. Sienna. Winning.
Idle Talk: