Ewa Sonnet Love

"Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations" Costume Institute Gala Worst Dressed
This really should be a post entitled "When Bad Clothes Happen To Good People". I mean even my good friend Alexa Chung managed to claw her way onto the worst dressed list in a weird Marc Jacobs ensemble from last night's Costume Institute Gala event in New York. She was joined by a peculiar looking Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga. Yes, Balenciaga. I know. And a really bizarre ensemble from Miu Miu decked Chloe Sevingy and set my annoyance barometer off. I mean, really? The Met Gala is not the place to go casual-quirky. Have some respect. Push the boundaries, sure, but in a gown, not a freak show. Thanks.
Speaking of going a bit cray-cray, Christina Ricci sure went overboard in her Thakoon dress and um, giant, bow. How she sat down inside I have no idea. Unless it is detachable. Too much. And so is the amount of flesh on show from that model lady Anja Rubik. Not that there is much flesh. Mostly bone. And on show. Thanks for that. And Heidi Klum, I know you are recently single, but this is just sloppy and too try hard in your lace Escada gown. Although I am grateful that you added the modesty slip. There was some talk that it wasn't going to make an appearance. Phew.
And finally, the biggest disappointment of the night. The usually magnificent Jessica Chastain. In a horrible sack of a shiny and creased and unflattering Louis Vuitton. I'm sorry, I really am, but it is nasty. And she deserves better. That's all.
Idle Talk: