Ewa Sonnet Love

Cannes 2012 Red Carpet: Beth Ditto and the Opening Dinner
The surprise guest at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Cannes Film Festival was Beth Ditto from The Gossip. She performed solo, a rendition of Elton John's Candle in the Wind. I know. I also thought it was all a bit odd. Especially when the images of Marilyn Monroe were screened behind her. Oh Well. What I didn't find odd was that actually very flattering dress she was wearing. Ruched nude may seem daunting on paper, but actually translated pretty well, especially with that crystal detailing. Very elegant.
Earlier Beth had been larking about on a boat with The Dictator. In a lime green sequin dress. Which I also didn't hate. Well, well. What a lovely surprise.
Also a lovely surprise was the second duo of black, sheer, goth dresses on the red carpet. After the ceremony, both Eva Longoria and the delight that is Freida Pinto changed for the dinner. Both in black sheer numbers. And so at last I can say this is the one for me. Eva's Alberta Ferretti dress is the first one this week that I love unreservedly. Love it. She can do no wrong right now. Which is not to say that I didn't like Freida's Versace dress. I did. It is lovely. Just not as lovely as the Ferretti. Right? What do you think? Who stole the goth dress show this week — Charlize, Kristen, Eva or Freida? You decide.
Idle Talk: