Ewa Sonnet Love

The Best of Jennifer Lopez' American Idol Style 2012
It is all over for another year, American Idol. And the winner has been announced and everyone is happy (except Joshua Ledet, who was robbed) and Jennifer Lopez, the judge everyone watches to see, may or may not be back year. Probs not, as things currently stand. I have said it before and I will say it again, this woman glows. GLOWS. And she is all kinds of awesome when she performs. Although she really does know nothing about hipster music which made me slightly more comfortable as there is an apparent chink in her armour. Anyhoodle. She looked very nice most of the season. Most especially in this, my favourite of all her outfits by Lanvin. It is the real season winner for me.
Aside from that, JLo looked best when she was in colour. No diggity. No doubt. I am not sure who styles Jen, but she has sourced dresses from all over the world. There was the pink Michael Kors (US), the orange Victoria Beckham (UK), the red Yeojin Bae (Australia) and the green Milly trousers, which I think I liked most of all.
But just because she looks best in colour, didn't mean JLo listened. No. It was the season of the spangle. Outfit after outfit after outfit all shimmering and shining. Competing with her own glow. The best of these was the Paco Rabanne top. I think that was amazing. Also that jaw-dropping stunner of a Herve Leger strappy, abs-bearing almost-dress. Wow. Seriously. I also liked the Blumarine dress that she wore on the last show (although it could have been two inches longer), and that ombre one at the end although I really hated the 80s hair and make-up.
Then there was the spangle that I wasn't so sure about. Like the gold Temperley London top and Michael Kors harems that I would personally die for but maybe not wear together. You know. I also loved the Dolce & Gabbana stars dress, but maybe two inches shorter (I know, I am never happy), and the cute as anything rose gold Randi Rahm that I was a bit worried about a knicker flash but loved anyway. In fact it was weird that her least successful spangle dress was the one by the designer she wears most often, Zuhair Murad. The black was just a little too much. Too tight, too short, too shiny. And lacked the pretty freshness of the rest. Right?
We didn't need the freshness from her spangle outfits for performance though. They were pure attitude and sex. Amaaaaaazing. Bloody brilliant. I simply can't believe this woman is 42. Doesn't she ever have an off-day? Please come back next year Jen! This is AI coverage for 2012, OUT.
Idle Talk: