Ewa Sonnet Love

Solange for GLAMOUR France, July 2012
If someone asked me who would be the best person to take a stunning (unforgivably expensive) Louis Vuitton leopard print scarf and turn it into a head wrap, I wouldn't hesitate to say Solange Knowles. She is so utterly cool and stylish, in an unpredictable way, that she is the girl I would turn to. And so she does. Here in her latest shoot — this time for GLAMOUR magazine, France. The July 2012 issue.
I just love this 80s-inspired shoot. It is cool and urban, but also sweet. And that's pretty much how I think about Solange. Right now, she is in my top ten of best dressed ladies around.
This is a lady that loves a print and some colour almost as much as she likes to breathe. She mixes things up in unexpected ways and so always injects some excitement into an outfit. This editorial story definitely captures elements of this.
By the way, if you ever doubted that shopping for your fashion online was the way to go, Solange reveals in this piece that she (and her sister Beyonce) do about 90% of their shopping in the ether. POW!
And if (like me) weren't quite sure what Solange did for a living, she is in fact a DJ and is putting together an album as we speak. So just watch out world. Style and talent. It could be an unbeatable combo.
Idle Talk: