Ewa Sonnet Love

Emeli Sande Weekend of Festival Style
The magnificent Emeli Sande played at two outdoor festivals in the UK this weekend. First at T in the Park in her native Scotland, and then at the magnificent Wireless Festival in Hyde Park that Jay-Z headlined. And for both occasions I think that she looked awesome. Just bloody awesome.
I love the polka dots. I love the crazy hair. I love the brogues. I love that she has her own style — vintage ladylike punk. And that she never gives into the expected. She wears exactly what she likes...and looks very, very wonderful doing it.
I compared this on-stage style to that of Jennifer Lopez, also playing the same Wireless stage. And, after excluding all the endless, endless crotch shots of Jen, this is what you have. It is tired. Dated. Done. Over-worked. If your music and show are good enough, you don't need to be a woman in your forties flashing your crotch. You can just be yourself. And be wonderful doing it. Sometimes you can work too hard at this...
Idle Talk: