Ewa Sonnet Love

The Best Black and White of the Week: Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen
In my opinion Cate Blanchett is easily in the top five most stylish women in the world. She has already wowed us this week in fashion-forward Balenciaga. And now, at the LA premier of her new Woody Allen movie, Blue Jasmine, on Wednesday night, she wows us again in Alexander McQueen.
The simplicity of the gown belies its sophistication. That asymmetric drape. That perfectly placed drop waist. I absolutely adore it in all it's perfection.
Earlier in the day Cate had arrived at LAX in about the most chic little ensemble I ever did see. This is EXACTLY how I would dress if I could afford a Stella McCartney jacket, a pair of Chloe pants and a couple of Roger Vivier beaded sandals. The Tods bag, I am happy to leave, however.
She just looks so effortlessly stylish in this get-up. So accomplished. I mean it's not like those trousers are going to work on everyone. But on Cate, they are a triumph. Also, I have to believe I could make them work too. If only...
And then there was the night out in Vionnet. This is the first time that Cate has, to my knowledge worn Vionnet. But it makes complete sense considering it is slightly high fashion, slightly hipster label. In other words it is a fashion-challenging design that only the really amazing can pull off. Like Cate. You know what it makes me think? That as much as I want to be Dame Helen Mirren when I grow up, it is far more likely that Cate is going to be. Dammit. Love her.
Idle Talk: