Ewa Sonnet Love

MBFWCT13: Lo
It was a pivotal moment for me when Elzaan Louw, the designer of first-time label Lo, told me she was a pattern maker by trade. First of all my expectations of her construction and finish went up. And second, I was immediately much more interested to see her collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town this weekend.
You see pattern making may be the cinderella of the fashion world, but it is the single most essential element in getting a beautifully made garment onto the catwalk. And so it was with Lo's sea-inspired collection of simple, clean, modern contemporary wear for women. Yes, I realise that this doesn't sound terrible exciting. But to me, a champion of fashion that is first GOOD and only then exciting, it is just right. Especially since the collection includes a fully reversible kimono jacket with a print on one side and plain in the other. As far as I am concerned this is about as ideal an item of clothing as any wardrobe can take. Also the collection was beautifully styled, which is yet another tick in the fashion box. I was happy watching this show. Properly happy. Very good work Elzaan. Well done. You are going to sell up a storm.
Lo was supported by the Cape Town Fashion Council at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town.
All photos courtesy of SDR Photo
Idle Talk: