Ewa Sonnet Love

MBFWCT13: Shana
All week I have thought to myself, "it must be hard to be a fashion icon's daughter when you are trying to make your own mark on the world." I was of course thinking about Shana Morland, daughter of Stefania Morland and designer in her own right for her eponymous label, Shana. And then I saw her show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town and I stopped worrying about it. Because, while mother and daughter share some similarities, there are also plenty of cool differences too. And this is what is going to set her apart and on her own two feet.
The collection from Shana was modern and definitely had more of a sporty feel to it. Even in the sequin dresses. It is absolutely younger and has elements of the digital age infused with classic shapes. Yes, of course, there is a familiarity to it because of years of loving her mother's work. But it is like that familiarity has been given a reboot and infused with a whole new energy. I am completely taken with this collection. I think it is exactly what we needed to see on the ramp this season. I feel energised just looking at it. And I will be following this dynamic team's work very closely. I am already wanting more from them. And that makes it all worth while. ONE TO WATCH.
Shana was supported by the Cape Town Fashion Council.
All photos courtesy of SDR Photo
Idle Talk: