Ewa Sonnet Love

Cate Blanchett Opens the Deauville American Film Festival
The stunning Cate Blanchett is the hot actress of the moment, as she travels the world promoting Woody Allen's new movie Blue Jasmine, in which she is apparently brilliant. This weekend saw her make a turn past the Deauville 2013 American Film Festival where she attended the opening ceremony in this exquisite cream Armani Privé ensemble.
It's not just a dress, as it appears on first glance. It is in fact a coat over a dress. With all the delicacy of that spiderweb dress she wore earlier in the week, but none of the challenge. Even the shoes are part of the original look. I miss Cate's fashion daring here a bit, although going so incredibly pale all the way through may be enough.
At the premier of her movie, the risk-taking was back as she wore a tent-like Christian Dior couture gown with hand-embroidered detailing. Look, I'm going to be honest here, it looks like the crochet blanket that my granny made me back in the 70s. Which means that I love it and hate it in equal measure. I am not sure that even I can sell this look as a complete win.
Cate retreated to safe territory in her city-chic trousers and jacket, all smiles, for another photo call on Saturday. We can leave this set of appearances as a win overall, I think, but with a hell-of-a wobble there in the middle. Don't you think?
Idle Talk: