Ewa Sonnet Love

Kerry Washington Covers US GLAMOUR Magazine, October 2013
How I love Kerry Washington. I love how her style has blossomed. I love how it is real, and talks to who she is as a person, rather than just a product of a great stylist. I love that she is talented and apparently happy and awesome. I also love that she is on the cover of the October issue of the US version of GLAMOUR magazine. Yay.
The only problem is I don't love the shoot. The cover is fine. It is engaging and sexy and cool and interesting. You have me there. But I don't love the inside images. Even though they feature Dior and Dolce and Gabbana and Louis Vuitton. It just doesn't sing to me.
The images were shot by photographer Peggy Sorota. And they are beautifully lit and interestingly located on an aeroplane, speaking to the way that Kerry's career has taken off. But aside from that they are all a bit blah. No?
I must say that they story grabbed me more than the image for the first time ever. I mean Kerry talks about what's inside Olivia Pope's handbag on the show.... JUICY! Available via digital download from next week.
Idle Talk: