Ewa Sonnet Love

Kim Kardashian Teaches Us About Labels
I don't really have much use for Kim Kardashian. Or any of her sisters, to be frank. But every now and again she takes a break from distracting Kanye (whom I adore), and teaches us all a little something about fashion and style. And most importantly labels.
You know the excitement you feel when you get your sticky mitts on something genuinely designer? You know the thrill of the possibility of owning and wearing a Gucci item. Or a Chanel bag. Or a Valentino dress?
And I often caution people about this. "Look," they say,"don't you LOVE this piece?" And I look at it and I don't LOVE it. I don't even like it and I wonder why they have it in their hands. And so my face tells them this. And they look all confused and hurt and say, "But it is DESIGNER, silly." And I say, "just because it is a designer label doesn't mean it is automatically nice."
I know the thrill and the desire and the joy of owning a designer piece. But if these Givenchy boots of Kim's are anything at all (other then U.G.L.Y.) they are a lesson in this. Just because they are made by a design house that I totally LOVE, does not mean that I am going to love everything they produce. Trust Kim to get the one thing from Givenchy that is appalling in every way. And then get it in two colours. Oh Kim. Seriously.
Idle Talk: