Ewa Sonnet Love

New Style Crush: Allison Williams of Girls
Valerie Macon/Getty Images North America
It only takes one dress to win my heart in the style stakes. One amazing dress. And I am ALWAYS going to be well disposed toward you if you smile on the red carpet. So let me introduce you to Allison Williams, who plays Marnie in the hit TV series Girls. And the dress that did it. Hot pink lace Oscar de la Renta. Which she wears, like she does almost everything in real life it appears, with a great big beaming grin.
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America
I wasn't as wowed by her Emmy Awards dress, also by ODLR. It was a smashing colour of green. And it fit beautifully. And I loved the gold earrings. But I felt it was a smidge overwhelming for her now very svelte frame. (I do believe she has lost a bit of weight since the first series of Girls)
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images North America
But I did like the dress she wore the day before to a tea, which was much shorter and sassier and designed by Antonio Berardi. And the colour exactly matched her eyes. Very age appropriate too. I heard that they were touting Allison as a new fashion 'it' girl, wheeling her out at NY fashion week and all that guff. I wasn't sold. Till I saw the pink. Count me in now. I am sold. All eyes on Allison henceforth.
Idle Talk: