Ewa Sonnet Love

Navy and Black. The Best Colour Combo. Fact.
Did you grow up like I did, with the rule that you NEVER EVER wear navy blue and black together?? That was the convention all the way through the twentieth century. But something happened in the Naughties. I attribute it to Diane von Furstenburg who presented a collection of evening dresses, in shades of navy and black. And gave everyone permission to do what felt right. It is really one of the most elegant colour combinations one can wear. And not just for the evening.
Albert Michael/startraksphoto.com
Just look at two of my favourite day dresses of the past month. First we have Anne Hathaway in a dropped waist pleated situation of loveliness. Who wouldn't want this one? I would pop on a pair of black brogues and a cardigan for full effect. And then there is Emmy Rossum. In an Ani Lee dress of such charm that I started googling almost before the whole image had downloaded. No progress yet, but I will let you know. That bag is good too. And the shoes. Divine. Apparently they are custom Aldo. Now how do we get Aldo to custom make shoes for us?
Idle Talk: