Ewa Sonnet Love

2013 Hollywood Film Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed
For me, aside from Sandra Bullock, the best dressed person on the red carpet of the 2013 Hollywood Film Awards was Camilla Alves. The wife of nominee and winner Matthew McConaughey. She looked absolutely sensational in on-trend black and white from Max Mara. Stunning.
Also looking good was Viola Davis. She was in yellow Escada with beautifully flattering lace detailing on the sides. I felt her shoe choice was a bit heavy, but it was perfect in every other way.
Also in yellow was Lupita Nyong'o. Our current style obsession from Kenya. I thought her J.Mendel dress was a great colour and silhouette for her, but the fit was a bit off and that made the bold colour look a bit cheap. This is, to my mind, her first tiny style falter. But she will pull it back. I know it.
Julia Roberts looked lovely and happy in her floral tunic dress from Elie Saab. A departure, for sure, especially with those bright red heels, but it all comes down on the side of a win. Lovely.
Octavia Spencer defaulted to her favourite designer, Tadashi Shoji. And of course he came up trumps for her once again. This navy and black dress is absolutely lovely. Again, I though that the shoes were too heavy, but I love the dress. Well played ladies.
Idle Talk: