Ewa Sonnet Love

Carey Mulligan in Alexander McQueen for Premier of Inside Llewyn Davis
I am always glad to see Carey Mulligan on the red carpet. She has a fragile, quirky prettiness that I really like. And actually it is more pronounced when she returns to her natural brown hair colour. She was out this weekend promoting her new movie Inside Llewyn Davis, and for the premier wore a dress by Alexander McQueen.
This look has received mixed reviews. Some say that it is too challenging for a small girl like her. Others that it is a frivolous dress and Carey is not a frivolous girl. But I like it. I think that it is just serious enough and that Carey brings her own personality to the look. She's not that dour for goodness sake. I'll bet she has had a party or two in her time. Just maybe in a garden with folk music rather than a club. It's not my favourite ever dress she has worn, but it is cool. And Carey stays Carey in it. This is, to my mind, a success. Good.
Idle Talk: