Ewa Sonnet Love

City Chic Opens in South Africa — for Plus Ladies
I will be honest, I have not seen the shop nor the clothes. But I will be off to see it next weekend when I am up in Joburg. City Chic opened in Sandton recently. It is an Australian plus size store full of fashion looks for ladies size 14 and up. And the reason that I mention it is that my mate Anele is the ambassador for the store and has been rocking their outfits for a couple of weeks now. And she knows her stuff. She looked especially good in this floral suit.
Look, this is WAY overdue here in South Africa. I mean it really makes me a bit grumpy that plus fashion to date has been all boxy silhouettes and clever disguises. Stuff that is really very dull and not at all fashion-forward or sexy. This range is definitely geared toward showing off décolletage, booty and cleavage. In other words, playing up the sexy in a bigger girl, if that is your thing.
Plus girls can get all the key trends this summer, including floral prints and hot black and white pieces, by the looks of the images. And the lucky girls who, like me, can shop both mainstream stores and plus stores, get the best of both worlds. Boom!
Idle Talk: