Ewa Sonnet Love

Hungry Love Video by Nechama Brodie — All the Styling Details
There is a piece of music I have been listening to all week. And when I say all week, I mean on repeat at my desk, over and over again. Nothing else. Just this. It is so awesome and I strongly recommend you take a listen below. It is a track by Joburg singer/songwriter, journalist, Twitter Queen and runner, Nechama Brodie called Hungry Love. And it has been arranged by my old varsity mate Thoban and his mate Charlie.
So I dropped Nechama a note and asked about what she was wearing on the video and who had styled the cool vibes. She gave me the full and exclusive run down...
"When we started thinking about the video, we wanted it to feel gritty and urban – I wasn’t sure whether this needed to be tackled with spiky glamour (heels) or streetstyle (trainers). The idea for the video was to go and paint “I Love You” on a bunch of walls in the inner city. I have a very nice Habits leather jacket; it was perfect. But it’s also an expensive item, and as I was planning on possibly getting covered in acrylic paint, I had to come up with a plan B. Luckily, Plan B came together rather well, which was for me to find cool-looking items that could be trashed if needed on a single shopping expedition. 
First I got leather-look trousers, a steal at Mr Price (R129). They actually looked good, and fitted well. Relief.  Next, a top. I picked up a sleeveless draped chiffon top from YDE. The back was longer than the front, so I wore it backwards and altered (read ‘hacked with scissors’) the front so that it would hang a little longer. I liked the chiffon-leather combo, and the sheerness of the top was pretty sexy. To create the silhouette I wanted, I added a fantastic black belt from Country Road. This gave me a waist, and achieved a little bit of the urban warrior effect I wanted. 
As a die-hard fan, I did very much want a pair of Stiaan Louw / Missibaba epaulettes, but not possible with no budget and the whole paint thing, so we had to take a different approach to the final touchers, which were: 
* A pair of feather earrings, picked up in YDE;
* Black patent pointy-toed heels which were an old pair from Woolies;
* Ray Bans;
* Estee Lauder red lipstick;
* A“jakkals” necklace from Skermunkil which I wear every day."
Enjoy this video. I think it is awesome and perfect for having in your ears while you work. 

Idle Talk: