Ewa Sonnet Love

Michelle Dockery Takes Lady Mary To The 60s
Blimey. I LOVE these images. Obviously as a fan of Downton Abbey and Lady Mary, I am already a fan of Michelle Dockery. But she is proving to be a bit of a tricky fashion character. Sometimes she looks incredible. Sometimes, not (ahem Emmys). But here, in this shoot for the October/November 2012 issue of Interview Magazine, she looks AMAZING.
I love the play on eras. It is almost as if they have imagined Lady Mary, having moved through the turn of the century and into the twenties, she is tele-transported into the swinging sixties of London. 
The accompanying interview is done by Mad Men star, Elizabeth Moss, who veers the interview toward all the things we want to know about Downton and the Lady Mary character. Thanks!
Of course Michelle praises the writing of Julian Fellows, which I appreciate as I am a long-time fan of his work and of him in general. My inexplicable soft spot for slightly bafoony English toffs is at its zenith with the lovely Julian.
The photographs were taken by Boo George and the styling was done by styling-idol Kate Grand. Amazing. 
Idle Talk: