Ewa Sonnet Love

Rocking the Daisies 2012 : Some Festival Style Notes
Having thoroughly enjoyed myself at Rocking the Daisies this weekend — totally sober — I believe that I can comment on the festival style that some managed to get brilliantly right and others horrifically wrong, right here at home. No different from Glastonbury or Coachella mind you. In fact, the vast majority of teenagers attending the festival thought no further than what they had seen Kate Moss or Kate Bosworth or some other Kate wear to festivals. And sadly this led to three key festival fashion expressions... (1) Uniform, (2) Costume, and (3) Style. 
There was of course also the popular 'passed out on the grass' style, but we will leave that to the blokes.
'Uniform' refers to all the girls in cut-off denim hot pants and wellington boots. Sigh. No imagination and at least 70% of you look really, really bad in shorts. Sorry. I would also look bad in these shorts. THAT'S WHY I DON'T WEAR THEM. Just stop it. Come up with your own style. You will never look like the Kates so why try? So I took no photos of girls in denim shorts. Same applies to wearing leggings as pants. First of all you know better so WHY?? 
Secondly, you look very, very sketchy from behind. Something you clearly didn't bother to check. And finally, I can see the actual detail of your lady parts. The number of times I had to avert my (searing) eyes from things no stranger should see... Weeping. So the Uniform of festivals was a wash out. Nothing new or fun to see there.
Then there was the 'Costume' which for some reason has become popular. I refer of course to the strange habit of wearing animal hats atop your head. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? You have to know that if you are taking your style tips from Kim Kardashian (the Kanye edition) you are never going to make it onto anyone's best-dressed lists. And I won't even comment on those wearing full-on animal onsies. Just too many of you. But you did make me laugh, so thanks for that.
And finally there were the girls who brought it in Style. I adore a floral or patterned dress. Cute little short ones. Lovely long maxis. And all those in between. Just lovely. Paired up with vintage cowboy boots or a great pair of ankle boots. Possibly a cardigan. Perfect. Also all the girls who wore red really got my attention. Standing out in style. Looking chic at a festival is about starting out with good basics. Skinny jeans are also a great place to start. Add some colour, possibly some print. Keep things a bit feminine. Add some sun screen (nothing so unstylish as a burnt pink face) and one killer accessory like a hat, a scarf or a great neckpiece or a Missibaba cross-body bag. Done. 
Now pack away those shorts and leggings and silly wellies and let's all have a little lie down. We need it after that weekend! Brilliant. See you again next year. Love from @StyleGuideCT and @SylvieLOreal
I took all the photos myself. They are all mine. Sorry about that.
Idle Talk: