Ewa Sonnet Love

Cate Blanchett in Beige Givenchy SS14
Unlike many of you, I get excited every single time I see Cate Blanchett step out in a designer outfit. No matter what I know it is always going to be fashion-challenging and that she is ultimately going to look ethereally beautiful. And so it was at the Harper's Bazaar Women of the Year Awards on Tuesday night when Cate wore Givenchy SS14.
I want to rave about it like I almost always do. And I will say that she does look ethereally beautiful. As expected. And this dress is fashion-challenging, although based on a classic Grecian draped aesthetic. And it all works and fits and the rear view is amazing. And yet... I don't love this colour.
The greenish-beige with gold trim is problematic for me. Not terrible. Not wrong. Just urgh. Meh. Blah. Cate is better than this colour. Don't you think?
Idle Talk: