Ewa Sonnet Love

Gaschette Magazine: Issue 8, The Devotion Issue
I am a mahoosive fan of the digital magazine. By which I mean magazines made for digital. Whose only purpose is to be digital and to show us how cool this can be. I also love print magazines. And print mags that happen to have digital sites with all sorts of cool extra stories and business on them. But I really, really love a digital mag. They are more ambitious. More challenging. More risky.
The biggest digital magazine in Africa is Gaschette. Or so they tell us. It is produced out of Johannesburg by some of my favourite people, including the Editor-in-Chief, Colin O'Mara Davis, and publisher, Steve Marais. It also features the work of Jess Lupton, a fashion editor that I really admire. So all in, a good thing. You should read the latest issue here, Gaschette Issue 8.
I am sure loads of people will get giddy about the cover story which is all about Pearl Thusi. And I think she is delightful. Smashing. Lovely. But that's not what made me giddy. No. It is these look book images of one of my favourite collections from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Africa 2013, Mille Collines. And yes, I worked on the shoot. Along with my friend Steve, the publisher. But you can't deny that they are FABULOUS, right?
Also in this issue is a story called Sinner and Saint that was shot by my other friend Gavin Kleinschmidt. I don't get to shoot much these days, so it is always nice to see what my old favourites are getting up to. And this story is a cracker.
I hope you like the pics enough to go and check out the rest of the issue. That's the joy of digital. You don't even need to leave your desk to get the entire thing. You can find it all right here in front of you.
Idle Talk: