Ewa Sonnet Love

2014 Golden Globes Red Carpet Trends: Halterneck
Let me just declare right up front: I hate halternecks. I think that they are very difficult to get right and make look elegant, and that they skew your proportions terribly so it is risky if you are not perfect to begin with. But there were a MASSIVE trend on the 2014 Golden Globes red carpet. And in my opinion the person who did it best was Naomi Watts in her golden Tom Ford chain-back version.
I felt that it was a much better example than newly-engaged and GG winner Robin Wright's Reema Acra dress, although that was nice too. Mila Kunis wore a silver ruffled halter from Gucci that I think she only got away with because she is so incredibly pretty to begin with. And Uma Thurman looked dated and a bit uncomfortable in her Versace gown. Although wow, she is beautiful.
Hayden Panettiere wore a black and white version, also by Tom Ford, which I thought was just dreadful. It is unflattering, stumpify-ing and makes her arms look plump and her boobs non-existent. Awful. Warning: Don't try this trend at home.
Idle Talk: