Ewa Sonnet Love

Jennifer Lopez Style : The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
I have long loved Jennifer Lopez. My affections reached their zenith when she took her glow on the road for American Idol, called everyone 'baby', and strode out in spangle-tastic outfits every week. Oh how my heart sung. Since then things have been a bit rocky. JLo and I are the same age. This is problematic in that she glows. And I do not glow. I can handle that. It's the fact that — in general — she looks amazing. Again, I do not. I have made peace with such things. Except that Jen seems to be having a bit of a style crisis of late, and this means that quite often the amazing is missing. My world shifts on its axis. Like when she wore this white Kaufmanfranco dress with the sheer cutouts. And all I could think was, "whyyyy?" This is not flattering. This is not stylish. This is not good. Stop it. I don't need to know you are not wearing knickers. You don't need to show me. Please. Stop it.
And in the spirit of the Kabbalah-esque white-only dressing she has adopted recently, she also stepped out in this strange gown-up ladies-who-lunch type of outfit for no apparent reason. Swinging from the sublime to the ridiculous.
And then there was the great leopard-print-and-over-the-knee-boots debacle of 2013. I don't believe I need to say very much here. Let's let the outfit do the talking, shall we?
Followed super swiftly (may have been the same day) by a return to 'the block' in a strange Michael Kors coat, hip hop jeans and trainers. Wha???
But I love Jen. And boy does she get it right sometimes. Like the Vivienne Westwood red jumpsuit that I think is perfectly pitched for her lifestyle. Just enough flavour. Just enough coverage. Just enough swagger. Just enough elegance. She looks cool.
And the white Lanvin she wore, with and without coat, on her promo tour last week. I'll bet Alber made this dress for a girl in her twenties, but JLo pulled it off with just the right amount of style.
Jen needs to get a grip on her wardrobe. Things are swinging dangerously off-balance. She is capable of so much of the amazing. I just wish it was more consistent. Please Jen? Thanks.
Idle Talk: